*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualified commissions*
Odd Shaped Room Rug Choices
When working with an oddly shaped room, it can be challenging to position furnishings and rugs strategically.
Product Page is Here – Or View a Different Selection of Area Rugs for Odd Shaped Rooms Below
The questions you’ll want to consider are pretty basic, such as should the rug be placed under the furniture legs, in the center, in front of just one piece, or closer to a door or window.
Rugs come in multiple shapes and sizes. If the area rugs for odd-shaped rooms featured below aren’t to your liking, there’s an entire section on funky area rugs here.
Only you know the shape of your room and what you have to solve. The simple approach is often the correct approach:
- Narrow spaces need narrow rugs.
- Small rooms can work with a small rug in the center or a large rug covering the entire floor.
- If the room is irregular, go with an oddly shaped rug to blend with the non-traditional shape.
- L-shaped rooms may require two rugs for both areas.
- When a room is too oddly shaped, try to focus on a piece of furniture. Place a rug under a table, in front of the couch, under an end table, or in front of a dresser or bed.
- With large open spaces, you can use rugs to define areas. For example, place a rug with a chair, a bookcase, and comfortable seating to create a designated reading area, or place a rug off to one side to highlight a TV/media spot.
- Use differently shaped rugs in huge open areas to create a distinct room divider. Just be sure the carpets are not too close together and are separated by distance and furniture.
- Create a walkway area in a large open room by using a rug that leads the way where people should walk to get in and out of the room.
Go ahead and use non-traditional looks in a non-traditional room. Check these out:
Soft Wool Modern Abstract Area Rugs for Livingroom Bedroom Brown White Shaggy Irregular Shape Contemporary Floorcovers Carpets Indoor Runner Rugs Large Playroom Rugs Kitchen Diningroom Rugs 6ftLivingart Dark Pink Irregular Shaped Area Rug for Living Room Playroom Boho Chic Girls Bedroom Floorcover Echo Circle PatternContemporay Irregular Round Wool Area Rug Beige 6ft Patchwork Nursery Bedroom Carpet Beside Sofa Table Bohemian Chic Entryway Mat Medium Pile Faux Fur Dining Room Accent Rugs Echo Circle Floor DecornuLOOM Pantone Colorful Stripes Kids Area Rug, 5′ x 8′, MultiHAOCOO Area Rugs 3’x3.7’ Green Leaves Faux Wool Bath Mat Non-Slip Door Carpet Soft Luxury Microfiber Machine Washable Floor Bathroom Rug for Doormats Tub Shower (3’x3.7’, Leaves)Ashler HOME DECO Ultra Soft Faux Fox Fur Rug White Brown Fluffy Area Rug, Carpets Fluffy Rug Chair Couch Cover for Bedroom Floor Sofa Living Room 2 x 6 FeetBeeiva Rustic Farmhouse Bathroom Rug, Washable Non-Slip Bath Mat for Bathroom, Super Soft Natural Tree Rings Area Rug, Small Accent Throw Rug for Bedroom Entryway Kitchen (Tan/Black, 2x3ft)nuLOOM Faux Sheepskin Matix Shag Rug, 6′ x 7′, Natural
MORE FUNKY, IRREGULARLY SHAPED AREA RUGS
FAQs for more about Funkthishouse and the whole funky story.
The products featured are suggested from companies I've established an affiliated relationship with including ShopStyle, Etsy/Awin, Amazon, Shareasale/Awin, eBay, Viglink, and in return, earn a commission for qualified purchases.
***Barbara Cipak is an Independent Associate participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com Amazon UK, Endless.com, MYHABIT.com, SmallParts.com, Wireless.com- Amazon, the Amazon logo, MYHABIT, and the MYHABIT logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.***