About Funk This House
Why Move When You Can Just Funk’N Love it with Funk’N Color!
Yep, That’s Me!
Hey There! I’m Barbara Cipak, Owner of ‘Funk This House’. Some of you may know me as ‘Brite-Ideas’, in fact when you see an article in search with ‘brite-ideas’ in the title, congratulations you may have tripped on my stuff!
So Why ‘FUNK This HOUSE’?
With over 25 years experience in the Real Estate Industry, home decor and design have been a part of me much like this laptop!
BUT FunkThisHouse is NOT home decor in the TRADITIONAL sense of what you’ve been told to do when getting ready to sell your house!
No no no, you won’t find any practical advice from me about neutralizing your home’s colors, or simplifying your furnishings to enhance a smaller space. Nope not here.
…. This site is to help you explore your wild side with some Funk’n’color in YOur Funk’N house….
So when you’re tempted to say F*** This House maybe you’ll Funk it instead!
Better yet, try this first before you make the final choice to sell…
If you’re not afraid of color then you’ve come to the right place! You’ll find mountains of suggestions regarding Area Rugs, Bedding, Wall Graphics and anything else where interest, fun, and color collide.
Ok, it’s fair to say you may see the odd cream colored items featured, but you can bet-your-bippy something funky or bright will be suggested somewhere on the page to punch it up!
So Have fun and funk up your life!
1. Who Owns Funkthishouse.com? – Just ‘lil ole me, the lady in the photo, Barbara Tremblay Cipak – It was a natural transition from the Real Estate World of neutral decor to the wild and funky world of color color color! If you’re completely bored and would like to read my full resume, then go for it…here it is on LinkedIn
2. Are the Products Featured Here Your Own? – No I’m Affiliated with the Companies who sell them. Although I do have a few products I’ve created, you’ll see a few of them here under ‘Barbs Designs‘ but most are still on my Zazzle Stores: Original Quotes, FindingGifts, Good Riddles, TerryKnowsBest, and DestinyPosters
3. Does Funkthishouse Handle, Ship, and Accept Payments for Products Here? No. As indicated in question number 3, I’m an Affiliate. Which means I suggest and refer to companies I have established an Affiliate relationship with. As the companies are selective, so am I. I choose relationships with businesses carefully, sometimes changing them and adding more when I feel it’s advantageous to you the consumer.
4. So What about Product Returns and Payment on Products: None of that is handled here, or even tracked here. The Affiliated Company handles those matters including returns, payment processing, shipping, and all product questions. I am not privy to any personal sales details from the Affiliated Companies other than the fact that there was a sale and which product it was.
5. What if I Have a Problem with Any Product? – You have to contact the company you ordered the product through directly as I (Funkthishouse) am not privy to any of your personal information, nor will any details ever be released to me.
6. I Clicked on a Product that said ‘Not Available’ or it’s No Longer There, What’s with That? – That sucks. Couldn’t agree more. Unfortunately manufacturers sell out of their items, or they change the links on how to get to their products, and when that happens it’s reflected on the links here. Unfortunately there’s no way for Funkthishouse (me) to find about those until either I’ve discovered them as I modify pages and check links. However, I’m checking links daily. Don’t be shy, pop me a note below if something you’re looking for is out of stock or not available and I’ll try to track it down for you. I can’t promise I’ll find it, but I’ll try for you.
7. So What do You Do if You Just Refer Products from Companies? – Well, I hope to save you time, precious time! Shopping online for what we want can suck hours out of our day, so FunkThisHouse is your place to find fun, creative, funky, and interesting products. I’m on the look-out for you, and always adding new things and changing out old things!
8. Why Would I Shop at FunkThisHouse? What! Now that hurts. Well, if you’re looking for funky, fun, original products then why wouldn’t you, after-all, I’m bringing what I find here just for you! Finding funky products is a passion, and I love to feature them here for you.
9. How Do You Make Money? – I earn a small commission from the Affiliated Company Relationships I’ve established when a product is purchased via a lead in from my website. I also earn a little bit from Advertisements on my site.
10. Do You Have Ad Space for Sale? – Not at this time, however selling Ad Space to outside companies and small businesses is something I may consider down the road.
11. Do You Own Any Other Sites? – I also own ‘The Heart of Country Music – Drageda.com‘. It’s a country music site to help you find just the right song that has just the right words for that special occasion or mood.
12. Do You Write for Any Other Sites? – Yes I do! I’m the Sunday Blogger for ReviewThis. Also, I was formerly the Country Music Contributor for Squidoo before they sold their business to Hubpages. You can still find some of my articles there.
13. Who Designed and Built Your Website? – Thanks for asking…I did.
So, just in case you need more information, here’s our Terms of Service/Policy & Cookies Page! I know, you’re anxious to read it.
Disclosures in An Official Blurb:
Barbara Cipak is a participant in, and earns commission from these Affiliate Programs: Shareasale , Commission Junction, & Awin. Within these programs Barbara has established a relationship with the following businesses: BeddingInn, Etsy, LightintheBox, and others that may or may not from time to time be featured on Funkthishouse.
Some products on this site have been monetized by Viglink.
Barbara Cipak is a participant in the eBay Affiliate Program & Zazzle Affiliate Program.
Barbara Cipak is an Independent Associate participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com, Amazon.ca Endless.com, MYHABIT.com, SmallParts.com, Wireless.com- Amazon, the Amazon logo, MYHABIT, and the MYHABIT logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.