*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualified commissions*
Are you looking for the best rugs for your kitchen? With so many options to choose from, it can be overwhelming. Here’s a helpful guide to the best rugs for a kitchen that will look great, provide comfort, and add some style to your home.
Go Directly to Preview Rug Choices - Or You Can View the Products Below
Be aware that a small rug for the kitchen is a lot different than a large area rug. If you’re considering putting a larger area rug in the kitchen, you can check out this article on the do’s and don’ts.
Not all rugs are created equal regarding the unique demands of a kitchen.
Here are some basic points to consider when you’re shopping for a rug for the kitchen:
- Low pile rugs: Rugs with a short pile, such as flatweave or seagrass, are an excellent option for a kitchen. They’re easy to clean, durable, and don’t hold onto dirt and stains as much as a high-pile rug would.
- Synthetic materials: Rugs made from synthetic materials like nylon or polypropylene are also a good choice for the kitchen. They’re generally more affordable than natural fibers and resistant to water, staining, and fading, making them ideal for a high-traffic area.
- Cotton Rugs: Cotton rugs are also a good option for the kitchen. They’re absorbent, easy to clean, and long-lasting. They also come in a wide range of styles and designs, so it’s easy to find one that matches your kitchen’s decor.
- Outdoor Rugs: Outdoor rugs are great for kitchens with a lot of foot traffic and spills. They are made of durable materials that withstand water, stain, and mildew.
- Washable Rugs: Some rugs are machine washable; these are great options for the kitchen as they are easy to clean and maintain. However, sometimes they can be slippery if they don’t have a secure non-slip backing.
In terms of size, the best kitchen rug is one that is large enough to fit at least the front legs of your chairs and/or the front of your sink. This will help protect your floors from spills and stains.
Ultimately, the best rug for your kitchen will depend on your style, the amount of foot traffic your kitchen gets, and the specific space needs.
The Best Rugs for a Kitchen – Product Suggestions
FAQs for more about Funkthishouse and the whole funky story.
The products featured are suggested from companies I've established an affiliated relationship with including ShopStyle, Etsy/Awin, Amazon, Shareasale/Awin, eBay, Viglink, and in return, earn a commission for qualified purchases.
***Barbara Cipak is an Independent Associate participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com Amazon UK, Endless.com, MYHABIT.com, SmallParts.com, Wireless.com- Amazon, the Amazon logo, MYHABIT, and the MYHABIT logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.***