Grace, Style and Calmness
If you’re color brave and find yourself attracted to colors that most people shy away from, then you’re ready for this design!
Introduced below are suggested pieces for you to tie a purple and pink living room together in a cohesive fashion.
Consider the Walls Before Starting Your Project
Your furnishing colors and how they’re chosen and positioned will depend upon the the base settings in the room.
If you’re choosing the purple area rug featured below, and plan to paint part or some of the walls in purple, match a shade of the purple that’s in the rug to the paint. Budget permitting, consider blush painted Wainscotting in part or all around the room. The light Wainscotting will look outstanding with purple on the upper half.
What Are You Planning to Do with the Ceiling?
You can leave it white, paint it blush to match the shades of pink in the space, or you can also paint it purple. There’s a misconception out there that you can’t paint your ceiling a dark color, but in fact, if you follow certain rules and pointers featured here, you can.
Furniture Placement Idea featured below, after the products….
HER ROYAL BLUSHNESS
Furniture Placement Idea for the Above Featured Pieces:
- The Pink/Blush Couch against a wall or positioned away from the walls if the room is large enouch
- The Purple Rug in front of the Couch – centered
- Two of the featured pink striped chairs opposite the couch on an angle with the end table between them
- The end tables on each side of the couch
- The lamps on both end tables on either side of the couch
- Assuming the room is large enough, put the Sideboard Credenza against the wall behind the chairs – you can also position it right or left of the chairs if the room is large enough
- Put the coffee table in the middle of the area rug
- Put a flower centerpiece on the coffee table
- Put the large iCanvas art piece (or one similar) on the wall above the couch
- Put the two purple flower pictures lined up side by side above the credenza
- Position the floor plant somewhere in a corner or near the credenza
- Put two faux fur floor poofs on the edge of the rug to the right or left of the chairs (which ever side works best)
- Put the Candle Centerpiece on the Credenza
- Put the lovely linen drapes up if the room permits draperies – buy extra panels for a larger window
That’s it, now light the candles, turn on some soft music with a good book and curl up on the couch with a yet to be selected pillow and throw blanket – Faux fur pillows would look terrific!
About Barbara & FunkthishouseBarbara is a home decor rebel who blames her decades in the real estate industry for her love of color! Since leaving neutral behind, she's built Funkthishouse.com, a place where souls once trapped in neutral-decor-world roam free and funk'n love it!
My nutty passion is finding funky, colorful, and interesting products for the home or office. The products featured are suggested from companies I've established an affiliated relationship with, and in return, earn a small commission when items are sold. Visit FAQs for more about Funkthishouse and the whole funky story :)"
Barbara Cipak is an Independent Associate participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com, Amazon.ca Endless.com, MYHABIT.com, SmallParts.com, Wireless.com- Amazon, the Amazon logo, MYHABIT, and the MYHABIT logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.