*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualified commissions*
Organizing your bedroom closet can be daunting, but with some planning and the right tools, it can be easy and efficient.
Go Directly to Product Suggestions Here - Or View Them Below
Here are some tips to help you get started on how to best organize your bedroom closet:
- Start by decluttering. Go through your closet and remove clothes you no longer wear or no longer fit. Donate items that are in good condition and throw away anything that is stained or damaged. This will free up space and make it easier to see what you have.
- Sort your clothes by categories, such as tops, bottoms, dresses, and outerwear. This will make it easier to find what you’re looking for and help you identify any gaps in your wardrobe.
- Use storage solutions such as hangers, shelving, and drawers to keep your clothes organized and easily accessible. Hangers can be used for shirts, blouses, and dresses, while shelving is perfect for folded items like sweaters and jeans. Drawers can be used for smaller items like socks and underwear.
- Consider a hanger that holds multiple pairs of pants. They use less space, and you’ll have fewer hangers in the closet.
- Make use of vertical space by installing hooks or adding a hanging rod. This will allow you to hang more clothes in your closet and make it easier to see everything you have. If your space allows, try over-the-door storage.
- For clothes, you don’t frequently wear, store them in a separate location, such as a storage bin or another closet. This will free up space in your main closet and make it easier to find the clothes you need when you need them.
- Organize your shoes by types, such as heels, flats, and sneakers, and keep them in a shoe rack, clear containers, or a shoe storage bench. This will keep your shoes from getting mixed up and make it easier to find the pair you want to wear.
- Use clear plastic containers or vacuum-sealed bags to store out-of-season clothing. This will protect your clothes from dust and save space in your closet.
- If there’s room under your bed, use under-the-bed storage bins to store your seasonal clothes or other items you don’t frequently use.
- Lastly, maintain the organization by regularly going through your closet and getting rid of clothes that you no longer wear or that no longer fit. This will keep your wardrobe from cluttering and make it easier to find what you’re looking for.
Organizing your bedroom closet can be time-consuming, but it’s worth it in the end. A well-organized closet will save you time and energy and make getting dressed in the morning much easier. With these tips on how to best organize your bedroom closet, you’ll be able to create a closet that works for you and your lifestyle.
Some Closet Organizational Product Ideas
FAQs for more about Funkthishouse and the whole funky story.
The products featured are suggested from companies I've established an affiliated relationship with including ShopStyle, Etsy/Awin, Amazon, Shareasale/Awin, eBay, Viglink, and in return, earn a commission for qualified purchases.
***Barbara Cipak is an Independent Associate participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com Amazon UK, Endless.com, MYHABIT.com, SmallParts.com, Wireless.com- Amazon, the Amazon logo, MYHABIT, and the MYHABIT logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.***