*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualified commissions*
Yes, According to the Practice of Feng Shui, Your Home Has a Wealth/Abundance Corner
Your property, your home, and each room have money corners.
If you’re unfamiliar with the basic principles of Feng Shui, you can read here for simple clarification.
To attract the energy of wealth/abundance into your home, you’ll first have to determine where the wealth corner is for the house itself or use one particular room.
There are two ways to determine your wealth corner: Classical Feng Shui or Western Feng Shui. We’ll keep it simple and use Western Feng Shui.
Determine the Location of the Wealth Corner:
- Using the Feng Shui Bagua Map, stand at the door of the room you’d like to create a wealth corner in
- You’ll notice that the wealth corner is on the top left of the map
- If you’d like to determine the wealth corner for your overall home, stand at the front door holding the Bagua Map; the far top left corner of your home is your home’s wealth corner
- Don’t worry if that spot for your home is a washroom, laundry room, or some other non-main room, as you can still enhance the space with Feng Shui Wealth Abundance items.
- As you’ll notice on the Feng Shui Bagua Map, the best element to feature is Wood, and the better color choices are purple, green, gold, red, and blue.
Here are Items You Can Use to Feature in Your Room or Overall Home’s Wealth/Abundance Area:
Wood Frames – Wood Dresser – Water Feature
Since the element is Wood, depending upon your decor theme, you could add a wood-framed photo in the corner featuring a wealth-related print, such as a holiday on a beach or a luxurious ship, so long as the water feature is clean. Better yet, for your bedroom’s wealth corner, you could display the photo above a dresser and include a water feature, such as a tabletop waterfall. Note there is a school of thought that you shouldn’t have water-related items in a bedroom, but some say it’s ok; ultimately, it’s up to you.
Plants – Mirrors
You can feature Feng Shui Plants such as Bamboo, a Money Tree, or a Fern in that corner. You could also choose to include a mirror. However, it’s better not to put plants or mirrors in a bedroom. Don’t worry; some people don’t believe that’s a genuine concern and do it anyway. It’s up to you. You can read more about the thoughts on a mirror in the bedroom here.
Rectangular Shapes – Crystals
You could include the Shape Element for the Wealth/Abundance Corner, ‘Rectangular.’ Again, perhaps a pretty wooden rectangular accessory that holds Citrine or Pyrite Crystals. If the crystals are large enough, you could use them as a stand-alone feature.
Check out some suggested Feng Shui products related to prosperity here.
Ensure Your Space is Clean and Uncluttered
Whether or not you plan to include a wealth corner in your space, the main thing to remember is to keep your area clean and uncluttered so that positive energy can flow freely throughout the room.
It’s also advisable to keep your space nicely lit, with good music playing from time to time, enhanced with pleasing aromas and candles.
What Your Money Area/Corner Should NOT Include:
- Piled-up clothes, boxes, or clutter
- Dead or Dying Plants
- Stacks of Bills
- A Paper Shredder
- Garbage Cans or Recycling Bins
- Unappealing and Depressing Images
- Sad Memories
- Cleaning Supplies
- Old and Unattractive Furniture
- Avoid Fire or Metal Elements in Your Wealth Corner – Use them sparingly
Feng Shui Prosperity Items for Your Home
Summary of FAQs:
- What is the wealth corner in feng shui, and why is it important? The wealth corner, also known as the “money corner” or “fuk luk sau (Star Gods)” in feng shui, is the area of a home or office associated with wealth, prosperity, and abundance. According to feng shui principles, activating and enhancing this corner can bring financial success and abundance into your life.
- How do I determine the wealth corner in my home? As indicated above, the wealth corner is typically located in the far left corner of a room or house when you enter it. This can be determined by using a feng shui Bagua map, a tool used to map out the different energy areas of a space.
- Can I enhance my wealth corner with specific colors, symbols, or elements? Yes, certain colors, symbols, and elements are believed to enhance the energy of the wealth corner. These include red, purple, and gold, symbols such as the Chinese “wealth ship” or the “money frog,” and elements such as metal and water, as well as the items mentioned above.
- Can I have multiple wealth corners in my home? Yes, you can have various wealth corners in your home. However, it is important to ensure that the energy in each corner is balanced and not overwhelming.
- Can I use a mirror in my wealth corner to enhance its energy? Yes, a mirror can be used in the wealth corner to enhance its energy by multiplying the wealth symbols. However, it is important to be careful and avoid placing the mirror in a way that reflects negative energy, such as the toilet or the front door.
- How do I activate and maintain the energy in my wealth corner? As indicated above, you can activate and sustain the energy in your wealth corner by regularly cleaning and decluttering the area, placing wealth symbols and activating elements, and energizing the space with good chi through regular use and positive intentions.
- Can I use plants in my wealth corner to enhance its energy? Yes, certain plants such as the money tree or bamboo can be used in the wealth corner to enhance its energy.
- Can I use crystals in my wealth corner to enhance its energy? Yes, certain crystals such as citrine, jade, and pyrite can be used in the wealth corner to enhance its energy.
- How can I balance the energy in my wealth corner with the rest of my home? You can balance the energy in your wealth corner with the rest of your home by ensuring that the overall energy in your home is balanced using feng shui principles such as the Bagua map and the five elements.
- Can I use feng shui to attract wealth in other areas of my life, not just in my home? Yes, feng shui principles can be applied to your home and other areas of your life, such as your career and relationships, to attract wealth and abundance. This can be done by using feng shui symbols, activating elements in your workspace, and surrounding yourself with positive and supportive people.
Have Fun and Double Check if Your House is Oozing Bad Luck!
FAQs for more about Funkthishouse and the whole funky story.
The products featured are suggested from companies I've established an affiliated relationship with including ShopStyle, Etsy/Awin, Amazon, Shareasale/Awin, eBay, Viglink, and in return, earn a commission for qualified purchases.
***Barbara Cipak is an Independent Associate participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com Amazon UK, Endless.com, MYHABIT.com, SmallParts.com, Wireless.com- Amazon, the Amazon logo, MYHABIT, and the MYHABIT logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.***