Yes, According to the Practice of Feng Shui, Your Home Has a Wealth/Abundance Corner
In fact, your property, your home and each room have their own money corners. Since you’re wondering how to decorate that corner, or what to feature in it, I’m presuming you already know this. If you’re not familiar with the basic principles of Feng Shui, you can read here for simple clarification.
In order to attract the energy of wealth/abundance into your home, you’ll first have to determine where the wealth corner is for the home itself, or if you’d rather, one particular room.
There are two ways to determine your wealth corner; using Classical Feng Shui or Western Feng Shui. We’ll just keep it simple, and use Western Feng Shui.
Determine Where the Wealth Corner Is Located:
- Using the Feng Shui Bagua Map, stand at the door of the room you’d like to create a wealth corner in
- You’ll notice that the wealth corner is on the top left of the map
- If you’d like to determine the wealth corner for your overall home, stand at the front door holding the map; the far top left corner of your home is your home’s wealth corner
- Don’t worry if that spot for your home is a washroom, or laundry room or some other non-main room, as you can still enhance the space with Feng Shui Wealth Abundance items.
- As you’ll notice on the Feng Shui Bagua Map, the element that’s best to feature is Wood and the better color choices are purple, green, gold, red, and blue.
Here are Items You Can Use to Feature in Your Room or Overall Home’s Wealth/Abundance Area:
Wood Frames – Wood Dresser – Water Feature
Since the element is Wood, depending upon your decor theme, you could add a wood framed photo in the corner featuring a wealth related photo, such as a holiday on a beach or a luxurious ship so long as the water featured is clear and clean. Better yet, if it’s for your bedroom’s wealth corner you could feature the photo above a dresser, and also include a water feature, such as a tabletop waterfall. Note, there is a school of thought that water related items shouldn’t be included in a bedroom, but then some say it’s ok …. ultimately, it’s up to you.
Plants – Mirrors
You can feature Feng Shui Plants such as Bamboo, a Money Tree or a Fern in that corner. You could also choose to include a mirror. However, it’s better not to put plants or mirrors in a bedroom. Don’t worry, some people don’t believe that’s a real concern, and do it anyway. It’s up to you. You can read more about the thoughts on a mirror in the bedroom here.
Rectangular Shapes – Crystals
You could include the Shape Element for the Wealth/Abundance Corner, ‘Rectangular’. Again, perhaps a pretty wooden rectangular accessory that holds Citrine or Pyrite Crystals. If the crystals are large enough, you could also use them as a stand alone feature.
Traditional Wealth Items to Feature
Ensure Your Space is Clean and Uncluttered
Whether or not you plan to include a wealth corner in your space, the main thing to remember is to keep your area clean and uncluttered so that the good energy, or Chi, can flow freely throughout the space.
It’s also advisable to keep your space nicely lit, with a little good music playing from time to time, enhanced with pleasing aromas and candles.
What Your Money Area/Corner Should NOT Include!
- Piled up clothes, boxes, or clutter
- Dead or Dying Plants
- Stacks of Bills
- A Paper Shredder
- Garbage Cans or Recycling Bins
- Unappealing and Depressing Images
- Sad Memories
- Cleaning Supplies
- Old and Unattractive Furniture
- Avoid Fire or Metal Elements in Your Wealth Corner – Use them sparingly
Have Fun and Smile!