*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualified commissions*
Yes, According to the Practice of Feng Shui, Your Home Has a Wealth/Abundance Corner
Your property, your home, and each room have money corners.
If you’re unfamiliar with the basic principles of Feng Shui, you can read here for simple clarification.
To attract the energy of wealth/abundance into your home, you’ll first have to determine where the wealth corner is for the house itself or use one particular room.
There are two ways to determine your wealth corner: Classical Feng Shui or Western Feng Shui. We’ll keep it simple and use Western Feng Shui.
Determine the Location of the Wealth Corner:
- Using the Feng Shui Bagua Map, stand at the door of the room you’d like to create a wealth corner in
- You’ll notice that the wealth corner is on the top left of the map
- If you’d like to determine the wealth corner for your overall home, stand at the front door holding the Bagua Map; the far top left corner of your home is your home’s wealth corner
- Don’t worry if that spot for your home is a washroom, laundry room, or some other non-main room, as you can still enhance the space with Feng Shui Wealth Abundance items.
- As you’ll notice on the Feng Shui Bagua Map, the best element to feature is Wood, and the better color choices are purple, green, gold, red, and blue.
Here are Items You Can Use to Feature in Your Room or Overall Home’s Wealth/Abundance Area:
Wood Frames – Wood Dresser – Water Feature
Since the element is Wood, depending upon your decor theme, you could add a wood-framed photo in the corner featuring a wealth-related print, such as a holiday on a beach or a luxurious ship, so long as the water feature is clean. Better yet, for your bedroom’s wealth corner, you could display the photo above a dresser and include a water feature, such as a tabletop waterfall. Note, there is a school of thought that you shouldn’t have water-related items in a bedroom, but some say it’s ok; ultimately, it’s up to you.
Plants – Mirrors
You can feature Feng Shui Plants such as Bamboo, a Money Tree, or a Fern in that corner. You could also choose to include a mirror. However, it’s better not to put plants or mirrors in a bedroom. Don’t worry; some people don’t believe that’s a genuine concern and do it anyway. It’s up to you. You can read more about the thoughts on a mirror in the bedroom here.
Rectangular Shapes – Crystals
You could include the Shape Element for the Wealth/Abundance Corner, ‘Rectangular.’ Again, perhaps a pretty wooden rectangular accessory that holds Citrine or Pyrite Crystals. If the crystals are large enough, you could use them as a stand-alone feature.
Traditional Wealth Items to Feature:
An Ingot, an Abundance Ship, Chinese Coins, a Laughing Buddha
Wealth Items for the Home:
Check out some suggested Feng Shui products related to prosperity here.
Ensure Your Space is Clean and Uncluttered
Whether or not you plan to include a wealth corner in your space, the main thing to remember is to keep your area clean and uncluttered so that positive energy can flow freely throughout the room.
It’s also advisable to keep your space nicely lit, with good music playing from time to time, enhanced with pleasing aromas and candles.
What Your Money Area/Corner Should NOT Include:
- Piled up clothes, boxes, or clutter
- Dead or Dying Plants
- Stacks of Bills
- A Paper Shredder
- Garbage Cans or Recycling Bins
- Unappealing and Depressing Images
- Sad Memories
- Cleaning Supplies
- Old and Unattractive Furniture
- Avoid Fire or Metal Elements in Your Wealth Corner – Use them sparingly
Feng Shui Prosperity Items for Your Home
Have Fun and Double Check if Your House is Oozing Bad Luck!
FAQs for more about Funkthishouse and the whole funky story.
The products featured are suggested from companies I've established an affiliated relationship with including ShopStyle, Etsy/Awin, Amazon, Shareasale/Awin, eBay, Viglink, and in return, earn a commission for qualified purchases.
***Barbara Cipak is an Independent Associate participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com Amazon UK, Endless.com, MYHABIT.com, SmallParts.com, Wireless.com- Amazon, the Amazon logo, MYHABIT, and the MYHABIT logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.***