A couch with arms but no back is known as a Divan sofa. However, in some countries, ‘Divan’ also refers to a box-spring style of bed. For this page, we’re focusing on backless couches or Divan-style couches.
Product Page Here - Or View Products Below
However, below you’ll notice a few other styles of couches included: Some sofas feature partial low or no backs (chaise), and others can double as a bed (daybed couches). By including a few other styles, you can further determine what would work best in your room.
Why Choose a Couch With Arms But No Back – Various Uses:
- Use a couch with arms but no back as a room divider in a large open concept space. Place your backless couch where you want the room division to take place. It becomes the line where the room splits into two areas. With the couch open to both sides of the room, people can sit on it and gather for either side of the space, depending upon where people are gathered.
- A daybed style couch can be used in a baby nursery as an extra place for mom or dad to sleep when baby needs company. Push it up against the wall, decorate it with baby’s collection of stuffed animals or decorative pillows. You can also use it as a place to dress and change baby.
- A larger divan couch always offers an extra place to sleep when you have guests.
- For studio apartments, they can double as a couch and a place to sleep. During the day display living-room-style cushions on it, and at night bring out the blankets as a place to sleep.
- Since there isn’t a back on the couch, use it against a decorative feature wall so you can see more of the pretty decorated wall.
- The smaller style of backless couches can be used as a place to sit in a foyer or hallway.
- If you have a wall needing depth, texture, and warmth, consider a Divan sofa to solve that problem.
- Add one to a home-office for decorative purposes or as an extra place for guests to crash. When not being used as a bed, your office has a classy couch.
Couches With Arms and No Backs, Daybeds & Chaise Lounges With Similar Design Featured Below:
FAQs for more about Funkthishouse and the whole funky story.
The products featured are suggested from companies I've established an affiliated relationship with including ShopStyle, Etsy/Awin, Amazon, Shareasale/Awin, eBay, Viglink, and in return, earn a commission when items are sold.
***Barbara Cipak is an Independent Associate participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com Amazon UK, Endless.com, MYHABIT.com, SmallParts.com, Wireless.com- Amazon, the Amazon logo, MYHABIT, and the MYHABIT logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.***