With smaller homes or rooms that need to serve a dual purpose, a bed that folds up into the wall is a practical and attractive solution. As amateur decorators, we tend to look at a small room and immediately think, “nothing will fit in this space”. With all the double and triple purpose furniture available today, there is an abundance of small room solutions.
Product Page Here – Or View Products Below
Ways to Assess What Furnishings Will Fit into a Small Room
- If you have one large wall, measure the height and width and depth of the space. Check the distance from the wall to where a door or closet lands.
- Use the measurements from the murphy bed (a bed that folds up into the wall) against those measurements.
- If, when the bed is unfolded it doesn’t block a door or a closet, it will work.
- Don’t block doors or windows with unfolded beds, that will blocks exits in an emergency!
- Determine how much width you have to work with and depending upon your budget you’ll see there are a number of murphy beds that come with complete built-ins ranging from desks, bookshelves, drawers to simple storage. Or you can just get one that has only a bed.
- If the room is to double as an office or guest space, ensure you can secure your business affairs easily before converting the room to a guest space.
- Notice the kids murphy beds below, they’re ideal for a baby nursery! They fold up into the wall and look like a lovely piece of furniture when not being used. They also serve as a sleeping space for mom or dad when they need to sleep in the room with the baby. Best of all, it’s a bed baby can grow into!
- Studio apartments are ideal for beds that fold up into the wall! One large room that serves as a living and sleeping space, needs a clear definition. It’s difficult to get things done when a bed is staring at you! Being able to fold up the bed and convert the space into a working, living office area solves that problem.
- Depending upon your budget you can go with a piece that is elaborate and solves multiple storage issues, or just the ones that fold up against the wall (generally, they’re much cheaper)
Selection of Beds that Fold Into the Wall (Murphy Beds)
About Barbara & FunkthishouseBarbara is a home decor rebel who blames her decades in the real estate industry for her love of color! Since leaving neutral behind, she's built Funkthishouse.com, a place where souls once trapped in neutral-decor-world roam free and funk'n love it!
My nutty passion is finding funky, colorful, and interesting products for the home or office. The products featured are suggested from companies I've established an affiliated relationship with, and in return, earn a small commission when items are sold. Visit FAQs for more about Funkthishouse and the whole funky story :)"
Barbara Cipak is an Independent Associate participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com, Amazon.ca Endless.com, MYHABIT.com, SmallParts.com, Wireless.com- Amazon, the Amazon logo, MYHABIT, and the MYHABIT logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.