*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualified commissions-Further Affiliations Listed Below*
With smaller homes or rooms that must serve a dual purpose, a bed that folds into the wall is a practical and attractive solution. As amateur decorators, we tend to look at a small room and immediately think, “Nothing will fit in this space.” With all the double and triple-purpose furniture available today, small room solutions are abundant.
Product Page Here – Or View Products Below
Ways to Assess What Furnishings Will Fit into a Small Room
- If you have one large wall, measure the space’s height, width, and depth. Check the distance from the wall to where a door or closet lands.
- Use the measurements from the Murphy bed (which folds up into the wall) against those measurements.
- It will work if the bed is unfolded and not blocking a door or a closet.
- Don’t block doors or windows with unfolded beds; that will block exits in an emergency!
- Determine how much width you have to work with, and depending upon your budget, you’ll see several Murphy beds that come with complete built-ins ranging from desks, bookshelves, and drawers to simple storage. Or you can get one that has only a bed.
- If the room doubles as an office or guest space, ensure you can secure your business affairs before converting the room to a guest space.
- Notice the kid’s Murphy beds below; they’re ideal for a baby nursery! They fold up into the wall and look like lovely pieces of furniture when not being used. They also serve as a sleeping space for mom or dad when they need to sleep in the room with the baby. Best of all, it’s a bed baby can grow into!
- Studio apartments are ideal for beds that fold up into the wall! One large room that serves as a living and sleeping space needs a clear definition. Getting things done when a bed is staring at you is challenging! Folding up the bed and converting the space into a working, living office area solves that problem.
- Depending upon your budget, you can go with a piece that is elaborate and solves multiple storage issues or just the ones that fold up against the wall (generally, they’re much cheaper)
Selection of Beds that Fold Into the Wall (Murphy Beds)
FAQs for more about Funkthishouse and the whole funky story.
The products featured are suggested from companies I've established an affiliated relationship with including CollectiveVoice, Etsy/Awin, Amazon, eBay, Sovrn, and in return, earn a commission for qualified purchases.
***Barbara Cipak is an Independent Associate participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com Amazon UK, Endless.com, MYHABIT.com, SmallParts.com, Wireless.com- Amazon, the Amazon logo, MYHABIT, and the MYHABIT logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.***